Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Take Heart Son

I am no better than the Roman soldier that was right there crucifying Jesus because it was my sins that he was dying for. Yet He forgave me.

After I experienced this vision I felt like I was supposed to just opened my Bible and it fell open to Matthew 9 were Jesus heals the paralytic.  The first words I read were “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven”. 

Wow, those words went through me like water being poured onto a fire.  The pain and guilt I was feeling just stopped and a refreshing wave of joy came over me I could not believe it. 

Then as I read on, the teachers of the law said to themselves, “this man is blaspheming!”

Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts? 5 Which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? 6 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.” 7 Then the man got up and went home. 

As I read this scripture it came alive as if the Holy Spirit was speaking to me directly.  I could see when Jesus said “Which is easier: to say, your sins are forgiven, or to say Get up and walk?” that this was much deeper than I ever understood before.  

He made us from the dust of the ground and can do whatever He wishes with our body.  He can heal it easier than we can breathe.  Remember he created everything and that was no big deal.  But for him to say your sins are forgiven he had to know everyone of our sins. He had to take all of my sins upon Himself.  He had to become my sin for me.  He had to die in my place.  For him to say your sins are forgiven He had to be the perfect lamb for me and die.

I realized a couple things at that moment. 

First was that it was not a symbolic event 2000 years ago when Jesus died on the Cross.  Because of who He is as God the Son and to be the true sacrifice He had to know and become our sin.  He knew every sin I have committed, and every sin I will commit for all eternity.  That is the only way that my sins could have been forgiven once and for all.   I will never look at sin the same way anymore because I know now Jesus felt the pain of my sin and I don’t want to do that to him.

Second was the power of the Blood.  Jesus was God and His Blood is perfect and His forgiveness is perfect and eternal.  There is no weakness or gap in its power.  Just one drop would have been enough to cover over all our sin but Jesus did not hold back any of it.  He shed every drop of his Blood.  His Blood is what covers us completely.  There is no point in time that it is weak or unable to cover my sin.  There is no gap in its power based on how good or bad I am.  It is perfect all the time.  When the Father looks at me he does not see my sin and wickedness.  But He sees the Blood of Jesus.  This is how he will see me for all eternity.  Did you get that?  For the rest of eternity when God looks at us He sees the Blood of Jesus and we are perfect.  That is why we can come into His presence.   It is not because of anything good in me because there is nothing good, we are all sinners.  So if I have repented of my sin and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior then His Perfect Blood does all the work to make me righteous.   Why am I so surprised or guilty when I mess up?  I am a sinner and I am capable of the worst of sins.

Here is the best part.  Because the Blood covers me I can now come into God’s presence and have a relationship with him.  This relationship is not based on my actions or goodness.  This relationship is freely given to us even when we don’t deserve it. 

Warning!!! This relationship comes with a cost.

Stay tuned for the real Power of the Cross and what it will cost us.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment